To help the organization better meet the new challenges ahead, HLSL is offering summer employment opportunities for students.
We would like to hear from you if:
- You are Anglophone, or fluent in English but would like to improve your English skills;
- You are planning to be a full-time student in the fall;
- You want to build your work experience in a positive environment.
Job title: Assistant Project Manager (Library / Archives)
Funded by: Young Canada Works in Both Official Languages
Conditions: 12$/h, 32h/week, 12 weeks
Dates: From June to August
In collaboration with the HLSL team, the Young Canada Works employee will work at improving the HLSL resource center, namely two distinct but interrelated projects, the historic documentation archives and the library.
- Assist the Executive director in planning the projects and implementing them
- Assist the library coordinator and Executive Director in planning the library relocation
- Help assess the documentation centre and current preservation practices
- Research, recommend and implement sustainable archive management strategies
- Help manage various documents (analyzing, inventorying, indexing, preserving etc.)
- Help regulate the loan system for outside partners needing access to historic documents
- Research and propose effective strategies to meet community needs for the resource centre
You are our ideal candidate if you have the following:
- High school diploma: completed
- At least two years of completed studies in fields related to library and information techniques or management, documentation techniques or any other related field
- Good computer skills
- Great organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to work with others
- A proactive personality, responsibility, creativity, a solution-oriented mind
- A willingness to learn and to develop new skills
- An ability to communicate ideas, and to summarize and organize information.
- An understanding of rural realities
- College degree: an asset
Please contact Melanie Leblanc
Email: email@example.com Phone: 418-936-3239 TOLL FREE: 1-855-936-3239