SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT OFFICER (EARLY CHILDHOOD AND YOUTH)
CONTRACT POSITION (SEPTEMBER 2020 – AUGUST 2021)
Heritage Lower Saint Lawrence, whose mission is to mobilize people and resources to support the vitality of the English-speaking community of the region, foster the well-being of all its members, and promote its interests is looking for a Social Development Officer for our Rimouski Resource Centre.
In collaboration with the current team and under the authority of the Rimouski PCoordinatorCoordinator of C, the person sought would assume certain operational tasks on site at the Rimouski satellite office and support the development of social and community services and activities in the Rimouski and the Lower St-Lawrence region.
The principal responsibilities of this employee would be to:
- Support the Rimouski PCoordinator in the daily operations of the satellite office located in Rimouski
- Contribute to the sustainability and delivery of current activities and services offered
- Develop & expand partnerships, programming, and activities in the sectors of early childhood and youth for the linguistic minority population in the Lower Saint Lawrence
- Support the organisation and execution of consultations with citizens and partners to establish needs & priorities for new activities and services
- Contribute to the development and delivery of new activities according to the needs expressed by the English-speaking community in the Rimouski region
- Create and manage committees and work groups necessary for the realization of activities or services
- Provide occasional support for HLSL community and social activities held in Métis-sur-Mer
- As needed, support creation & delivery of regional activities and services (Lower St-Lawrence).
- Diploma of college studies (DEC) in Social Work, Community Recreation and Leadership Training, Humanities degree-Community Development Profile, (Sciences humaines – Développement des communautés) or university degree in Social Work or Social and Territorial Development*
- 2 years of relevant work experience*
- Bilingual English / French or (French / English-advanced level)
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office Suite, G Suite apps, MailChimp, Social Media, & other standard workplace productivity software & tools.
- Office management and personnel management skills
- Valid driver’s licence and access to a vehicle
(* Any combination of training and experience will be considered)
Knowledge of and interest in minority linguistic community issues, facility with dynamic activity management, comfortable with multi-age clientele, excellent interpersonal relations & networking skills, good sense of organization, creative thinker, dependable, resourceful, engaged in community development, team player, willing to learn, a good sense of humour.
From 35 to 40 hours/week at $15.50 to $17.00/hour (according to qualifications)
Monday, September 21, 2020 (negotiable).
Send your resume and cover letter to Guy Caron, Executive Director at email@example.com before 5 pm on Wednesday, September 16. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.