APPLICATION DEADLINE EXTENDED TO DECEMBER 5 2014
Heritage Lower Saint Lawrence is looking for a cultural projects coordinator
In collaboration with the Heritage Lower Saint Lawrence team and under the authority of the executive director, the employee will plan, coordinate and develop the services of the Heritage Resource Center, namely those of the Métis-sur-Mer bilingual public library. Among other things, the employee will:
- Maintain positive relationships with library members, volunteers, CRSBP Bas-St-Laurent staff and Heritage LSL partners;
- Develop, implement and host general public as well as targeted clientele programming (bilingual story-time activities, author meets, cultural workshops, health videoconferences, etc.);
- Recruit, support, train, value and coordinate HLSL library volunteers. Establish monthly volunteers’ schedules, and organize specific larger tasks;
- Participate in collection development tailored to community needs and special project opportunities;
- Help prepare the library’s annual operating budget;
- Compile et produce monthly statistical data on the various library services; prepare the reports to meet the organization’s funding requirements;
- Write and translate promotional documents, in collaboration with the HLSL team;
- Develop and improve the organization’s services, in keeping with its regional mandate (Library on Wheels, health collection, cultural workshops, conferences, etc.);
- Help strengthen the organizations’ partnerships and improve the complementarity of services at the local / regional level;
- Support the executive director in project and service development.
- College diploma (DEC) in a related field of study
- 1-2 years of related work experience
- Bilingualism: English / French (or advanced French/English skills)
- Microsoft Office and computer skills
- Valid driver’s licence and access to a motor vehicle
*Any work / study combination in a related field will be considered.
Tact, organizational skills, team spirit, honesty, interpersonal and communications skills, punctuality, resourcefulness, network building, ability to work in a team, dynamism. Interest in: culture, reading, customer service and community development.
CONDITIONS: Flexible, basic schedule is 14h or more per week at 14$/h. (increased when budget allows)
START DATE: January 2015, at the latest
TO APPLY: Please send a résumé and cover letter to email@example.com before December 5.
Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Reblogged this on Heritage Lower Saint Lawrence and commented:
Last week to apply!