Do you know the risks related to the use of products containing “button batteries”?
Each year, dozens of children in Canada visit emergency rooms after unintentionally ingesting button-type batteries. These batteries contain harmful substances that can cause serious internal chemical burns or poisoning if ingested. If your child swallows a battery, call a doctor or poison control centre immediately.
Button batteries are often found in:
- musical greeting cards
- small electronic devices (like remote controls)
- children’s books
- flashing jewellery
- hearing aids
Batteries can be dangerous and poisonous… be aware.
To find out more, visit: http://healthycanadians.gc.ca/kids-enfants/toy-jouet/batteries-piles-eng.php