Button Batteries – A message from Health Canada

Do you know the risks related to the use of products containing “button batteries”?

Each year, dozens of children in Canada visit emergency rooms after unintentionally ingesting button-type batteries. These batteries contain harmful substances that can cause serious internal chemical burns or poisoning if ingested. If your child swallows a battery, call a doctor or poison control centre immediately.

Button batteries are often found in:

  • musical greeting cards
  • small electronic devices (like remote controls)
  • children’s books
  • flashing jewellery
  • hearing aids

Batteries can be dangerous and poisonous… be aware.

To find out more, visit: http://healthycanadians.gc.ca/kids-enfants/toy-jouet/batteries-piles-eng.php

Related Posts

Leave a comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.