HERITAGE LOWER SAINT LAWRENCE
Heritage Lower Saint Lawrence (HLSL) is a not-for-profit organization whose primary role is to provide services to the English-speaking communities of the Lower St. Lawrence. HLSL serves the 1,085 English-speaking residents in the region. With offices in Métis-sur-Mer and Rimouski, the organization participates actively in community development and partners with local institutions and organizations in educational initiatives, health and social services, youth projects, community events and cultural activities.
Heritage Lower Saint Lawrence is looking for a dynamic and multitasking individual who is willing to lead this organization dedicated to representing the Official Languages Minority Community of one of the most beautiful regions of Quebec. The ideal candidate would be skilled at maximizing the potential of a talented and devoted team in a project-funding environment that partners with a strong network of like-minded organizations throughout Quebec. The current stimulating challenge is to establish HLSL as an economic and political stakeholder in the Lower Saint Lawrence regions, while reaching out to the English-speaking communities in the outlying parts of the region.
Starting date: Flexible, between July 1 and September 1, 2021
- Management of a staff of 10 talented and dedicated individuals;
- Planning and management of an operating budget of over $600,000 per year;
- Networking to ensure increased visibility to the organization, in the media, in the community and with the organization’s partners;
- Maintenance of a climate and a work culture that promotes the full participation and teamwork of all staff members;
- Development and implementation of a five-year strategic plan;
- Assessment of needs with HLSL and community members to ensure that HLSL programming is appropriately responsive;
- Continuous evaluation of all HLSL programming and recommend necessary adjustments to the Board of Directors;
- Ensuring that all levels of government and partners are aware of and understand HLSL’s mission, objectives, accomplishments and key issues related to the English-speaking communities within HLSL’s territory;
- Establishment and maintenance of close links with all HLSL stakeholders;
- Supervision of the project management process to ensure that all grant applications and resulting reports are submitted on time and in accordance with the expectations of funders.
- Minimum of a post-secondary degree in management, administration, or a related field OR a combination of skills, knowledge, and experience;
- Strong experience in the management of human resources in a non-profit sector organization;
- Experience in a project-budgeting environment is a strong asset;
- Ability to directly address tensions and model effective resolution practices;
- Functional bilingualism (English and French) oral and written is required;
- Knowledge of the structure of the organization and delivery of health and social services in Quebec;
- A keen interest in the promotion of culture as well as the preservation of history and heritage;
- Knowledge of the realities of Official Language Minority Communities (OLMC) is an asset.
Please send your resume and a well-crafted cover letter explaining why you are a great fit for this unique opportunity, to: email@example.com before Friday, June 18 at 5 pm.
We truly appreciate all applicants. However, we will be in contact with only those selected for an interview.