VACCINATION AGAINST SEASONAL INFLUENZA
The MSSS has published information in English on its website:
The regional flu vaccination campaign starts on November 1st and making an appointment is required. Only people with an appointment will be accepted at the seasonal flu vaccination clinics organized by CISSS du Bas-Saint-Laurent.
Make an appointment
The fastest way to make an appointment is online: grippe.cisssbsl.com
By phone, Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm: 1-866-445-0601.
CISSS du Bas-Saint-Laurent staff will also be offering the vaccine to residents of long-term and intermediate care facilities, as well as seniors’ residences. It is also possible for persons who receive home care services to be vaccinated at home. If you need more information, please ask your healthcare professional.
The vaccine is free for high-risk individuals:
- People with chronic diseases, from the age of 6 months;
- People aged 75 and over;
- Pregnant women with certain chronic diseases, regardless of the stage of pregnancy;
- Pregnant women in good health, during their 2nd or 3rd trimesters;
- Relatives living under the same roof and caregivers of the persons mentioned above and of children under 6 months of age;
- Health care workers, particularly those providing direct care to patients in hospitals and in long-term care facilities (CHSLD);
*This year, children aged 6 to 23 months who are in good health and persons
60-74 years of age can receive the vaccine free of charge upon request.
Any other person can be vaccinated at his/her own expense.
Everybody will have to wear a mask at the vaccination clinics. People experiencing flu-like symptoms are requested to postpone their appointments.
Vaccination = The. Best. Protection.
Visit grippe.cisssbsl.com for details.