HISTORICAL DOCUMENTATION OFFICER
Terms: Flexible, 20-35 hours/week for 16 weeks
Work period: Monday to Friday – daytime
Start date: Immediately
The employee hired will help serve the English-speaking community in our region. Our activities are offered in both official languages of Canada.
According to RAD and HLSL’s existing collection management policies, the candidate’s main task will be to support the Historical Archives Coordinator in the analysis, processing and classifying of HLSL and Astle Seaside Hotel collections.
- Support the analysis, processing and classifying of HLSL and Astle Seaside Hotel collections that represent approximately two (2) linear meters (photographs, postcards, letters, Hotel account books, maps & plans, pamphlets & advertising posters, paintings and drawings, etc.);
- Scan, digitize and process (if needed) the historical documents;
- Support Heritage team in the organization of future temporary historical exhibitions;
- Answer emails, tourists and locals’ requests on relevant historical archive files; etc.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office 2019 (Word, Excel and Access) and Google Suite (Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Calendar, Shared Drives)
- Advanced knowledge in the use of image processing software as well as in the use of Electronic Document Management (EDM)
- Ability to use digital tools such as scanners and cloud storage (advanced level);
- Bilingual English/French or French/English (advanced level);
- Self-starter able to work under pressure with minimal supervision
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Pleasant and professional manner.
HLSL adheres to the Employment Equity Act. Employment equity, for the four (4) designated groups that are women, people with disabilities, Aboriginal peoples, and visible minorities, is apply to ensure equal opportunities to all applicants
Please, send your resume & interest letter to Annie Lecavalier: email@example.com before Friday, December 5th, 2021, 16:30pm.
Only the candidates who meet the requirements will be invited to an interview by Zoom.
Finalists will be asked to complete a short Archival Aptitudes writing test.