Full time: 35 hours per week for 8 weeks
Work period: Sunday to Thursday – daytime
Start date: As soon as possible
Place of work: Metis Resource Centre, but could occasionally have to go to the Rimouski Resource Centre
The employee hired will help serve the English-speaking community in our region. Our activities are offered in both official languages of Canada.
Under the supervision of the Library Services Coordinator, the main mandate of the employee will be to implement programming and animate activities related to the TD Summer Reading Club, and some general activities happening at the libraries.
- Assist the Library Services Coordinator in the organization of TD Summer Reading Club activities
- Maintain a presence on social media to promote TD Summer Reading Club activities and recommended reads
- Ensure distribution of promotional material
- Support various summer youth activities to include a literacy component in other activities being offered
- Stimulate and support the participation of youth in the TD Summer Reading Club
- Coordinate, install and promote the TD outdoor Story Walk Book (a traveling activity) in collaboration with local and regional partners (day camps, preschools, daycares)
- Perform other tasks related to the library services
- Ability to communicate with the public in French and English, especially with children aged 1-14
- Ability to work in a team and interact with other youth workers
- Ability to work with small groups
- Autonomy, initiative, good sense of organization
- Comfortable with the use of a computer, Internet and social media
Field of study:
- Animation and cultural research, leisure studies, tourism, event organization, education, special education, social work, English studies, literature, etc.
Please send your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are an ideal candidate for this unique opportunity to: email@example.com
We truly appreciate all applications.
However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.