SUMMER JOB OFFER
SUMMER COMMUNITY ANIMATOR
Full time: 35 hours per week for 8 weeks
Work period: Monday to Friday – daytime – may be required to work Saturdays in exceptional circumstances
Start date: June 14, 2021
The employee hired will help serve the English-speaking community in our region. Our activities are offered in both official languages of Canada.
Under the supervision of the Library Coordinator, the main mandate of the employee will be to implement programming and activities related to the TD Summer Reading Club.
- Assist the Library Coordinator in the organization of TD Summer Reading Club activities
- Maintain a presence on social media to promote TD Summer Reading Club activities and recommended reads.
- Ensure distribution of promotional materials
- Support various summer youth activities to include a literacy component in other activities being offered
- Stimulate and support the participation of youth in the TD Summer Reading Club
- Coordinate, install and promote TD outdoor Storywalk book kit (travelling activity) in collaboration with local and regional partners (day camps, preschools, daycares)
- Perform other related tasks linked to the library services
- Ability to communicate with the public in French and English, especially with children aged 1-14
- Ability to work in a team and interact with other youth workers
- Ability to work with small groups
- Autonomy, initiative, good sense of organisation
- Comfortable with the use of a computer, internet and social media
Field of study:
Animation and cultural research, leisure technology, tourism, event organisation, education, special education, social work, English studies, literature
Please send your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are an ideal candidate for this unique opportunity to: firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, June 10 at 5 pm.
We truly appreciate all applications. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.