Heritage Lower Saint Lawrence, whose mission is to mobilize people and resources to support the vitality of the English-speaking community of the region, foster the well-being of all its members, and promote its interests, would like to announce an opening for the position of BOOKKEEPER.
This person will be responsible for supporting the Financial Controller in the accounting of the organisation.
The incumbent adheres to the vision and mission of HLSL and is committed to following the applicable bylaws and internal governance policies.
- Recording of day-to-day bank transactions
- Make the necessary data entries in Sage 50 according to the directives of the financial controller
- Handling the accounts payable ledger
- Sending out invoices and managing the accounts receivable ledger
- Managing payrolls and source deduction payments
- Producing employment statements and end of year tax slips
- Electronically archiving bookkeeping records
- Performing any other related tasks
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS*:
- Functional bilingualism (English and French) oral and written;
- Ability to work with the following software and platforms; Google Suite, Office Suite, Sage 50 and more as required;
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS (con’t):
- Good knowledge of basic accounting, financial controls and budget forecasting;
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and a high degree of autonomy;
- Team spirit, professionalism and flexibility;
- Good time management skills and ability to prioritize tasks;
- College diploma (a qualification in accounting/bookkeeping is an asset).
* Any combination of training and experience will be considered, we also offer the possibility to provide training.
TERMS: 10 to 15h/week at $18 to $20/hour (depending on experience)
STARTING DATE: February 2022
LOCATION: At a distance, preferably EST timezone.
HLSL adheres to the Employment Equity Act. Employment equity, for the four (4) designated groups that are women, people with disabilities, Aboriginal peoples, and visible minorities, is apply to ensure equal opportunities to all applicants.
Send your resume and interest letter to Annie Lecavalier: email@example.com by February 1st.
Only the candidates who meet the requirements will be invited to an interview by Zoom.