Start date: Monday, August 3, 2020
Salary: $15.00/hour for 20 hours/week for 14 weeks
HERITAGE LOWER SAINT LAWRENCE is a not-for-profit organization whose mission is to support the English-speaking community of the Lower St. Lawrence region.
This position is ideal for a person either studying accounting or administration or having a big interest in these subjects. The candidate – working remotely – will perform basic accounting tasks and will be supporting the team in administrative tasks.
Support the Accounting Manager by completing routine clerical and accounting tasks such as (15 hours/week):
- Help managing day-to-day transactions: accounts payable and receivable, cheques, invoices, conciliation of bank and credit card statements
- Enter financial information into software program (Simply Accounting/Sage 50)
- Communicate with providers
- Assist the Accounting Manager in the management of the payroll
- Do a project based accounting based on budget projections
- Update budget (Excel)
- Support the Rimouski Office Coordinator with the setting up of the new MailChimp System (5 hours/week)
- Accounting skills
- Knowledge of Simply Accounting/Sage 50
- Knowledge of MS Office, especially Excel
- Bilingual: English / French (or advanced French/English skills)
- Ideally related work experience
APTITUDES: Organized, excellent attention to detail and accuracy, high level of integrity and trustworthiness, excellent analytical, computational and mathematical abilities, good communicator (written/oral), positive attitude, team player, dynamic
Please send your résumé to Guy Caron at firstname.lastname@example.org before 5 pm on Wednesday, July 29, 2020. Candidates who meet the requirements will be invited to an interview by Zoom; finalists will be asked to complete a short straightforward writing test.