Start date: Monday, August 10, 2020
Salary: $14.00/hour for 35 hours/week for 8 weeks
HERITAGE LOWER SAINT LAWRENCE is a not-for-profit organization whose mission is to support the English-speaking community of the Lower St. Lawrence region.
This position is ideal for a person working towards or with an intermedia (video, performance, and electronic arts) or multi-media studies degree. Working remotely with a team on a multi-sensory historico-cultural project recording and preserving the history of people in the Lower Saint Lawrence region, the candidate – working remotely – will be responsible for supporting the Live our Heritage project lead and team members:
- by preparing, editing and manipulating audio, visual, and other media into quality files for upload to the Heritage website
- editing and loading material onto the Metis Lighthouse website
- converting audio files into text format, inserting photos, undertaking research and writing assignments, including the classification and digitization of historical and heritage material.
- Edit and mix recorded audio tracks into high-quality sound clips
- Enhance sound quality and add sound effects to recordings
- Use technology to convert recorded interviews into text to the extent possible
- Record high-quality audio and video
- Create and link webpages based on templates; post items on/edit web pages, Facebook, etc.
- Transcribe recordings of interviews with members of the community as required
- Design images/components for and build out website
- Collect and verify historical information
- Write and edit historical chronicles based on material provided
- Develop social media proposals
- Develop basic instructions for the use of audio/video editing software and train staff
- Sound, video, recording, web, and ideally MS Office skills
- College diploma (DEC)/working towards a DEC in a related field of study
- Bilingual: English / French (or advanced French/English skills)
- Ideally related work experience
APTITUDES: Organized, excellent attention to detail, creative, good communicator (written/oral), positive attitude, resourceful, team player, dynamic, customer-service-oriented.
Please send your résumé, samples of your work if available, and at least a paragraph about why you are right for this job to Guy Caron at email@example.com before 5 pm on Thursday, August 6th, 2020. Candidates who meet the requirements will be invited to an interview by Zoom; finalists will be asked to complete a short straightforward writing test.