Come Celebrate Canada Day!
“The magic is outside!” Things aren’t back to normal yet, because of COVID but there’s so much we can do outside now that nature is coming back to life!
Here’s how everyone can participate:
Wednesday afternoon, June 30 or before noon on July 1:
- Canada Day Parade of Homes – Decorate your home, yard, front door, window, tree, car, bike (see July 1 parade below) – anything you can think of.
- Build a sandcastle – If you don’t have beach access, try the Seaside right of way, across from Astle Park on Beach Road or opposite the municipal office beside Notre-Dame-de-La-Compassion (both conveniently close to Café sur Mer and Atelier culinaire Pierre-Olivier Ferry – Les Boules glacées!).
- Paint (or build with) rocks– Make a rock animal or snake of painted rocks, spell out or add painted messages, or construct an inukshuk.
By NOON on July 1, 2021:
- Take pictures of your creations
- Register on line, then post photos on Facebook (tag #HLSLCanadaDay2021) the photo of your handiwork (https://www.facebook.com/heritagelsl), or e-mail photos to email@example.com – we’ll show everything we receive in our virtual art gallery. Prizes for kids!
Thursday, July 1, 2021
- 2:00 p.m. – “The Magic’s outside” kids’ Bicycle Parade
- Decorate your bike (or yourself!) with something magical – a unicorn, a superhero with superpowers, Peter Pan’s Tinkerbell, let your child’s imagination fly.
- Parade up and around the central flag pole at the Cascade Golf and Tennis Club (7 MacNider) – Prizes for kids!
- 3:00 p.m. – Short Canada Day ceremony
- Brief ceremony outside by the flags at the Cascade Golf and Tennis Club (7 MacNider).
Have questions? Please contact Pam at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 418-936-3016.