We invite you to join us for this ZOOM CHEP session on Eating Well During the COVID-19 Pandemic
Here is a TO DO list, if you do not already have Zoom installed on your computer, please sign up for a FREE account at https://zoom.us/freesignup.You can even do this on your phone or your tablet.
You must register for this videoconference before October 20th, 5 p.m. by sending Anna Cone firstname.lastname@example.org an email. She will send you the link to register online. On the day of the videoconference, you simply click on the link that will automatically be sent to you and we’ll see you there!
COMMUNITY HEALTH EDUCATION PROGRAM (CHEP)
Health Video Conference via ZOOM
Wednesday, October 21, 2020 – 10:00 to 11:30 AM (EST) Eating Well During the COVID-19 Pandemic
Thea Demmers, P.Dt., M.Sc., Dietitian Moderated by Jo Ann Jones with Host Kelly L. Howarth
How do we practice healthy lifestyle habits to manage stress in the middle of a pandemic? “Proper nutrition and hydration are vital. People who eat a well-balanced diet tend to be healthier with stronger immune systems and lower risk of chronic illnesses and infectious diseases.” (World Health Organization (WHO).
FIND OUT—YOU WILL HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY TO LEARN AND ASK
- Strategies for eating well during stress
- What is mindful eating *
- How the ‘nudge theory’ relates to healthy eating
ABOUT OUR PRESENTER
Thea Demmers, P.Dt., M.Sc., Dietitian, is a Nutrition Suite Supervisor at Concordia University PERFORM Centre, involved in health promotion and research.
- Nutrition Advice for Adults – World Health Organization
- Coronavirus Disease and Food Safety – Health Canada (April 2020) • Rock What You’ve Got—Recipes for Preventing Food Waste – Guelph Family Health Study (September 2019)
Upcoming CHEP Sessions via Zoom—Save the Date!
- Wednesday, November 18, 2020 – 10:00 to 11:30 AM: Moving Well During the COVID-19 Pandemic with Christina Weiss, Kinesiologist, Concordia University PERFORM Centre
Visit CHEP online @ www.chssn.org
This CHSSN initiative is funded through Health Canada’s
Official Languages Health Contribution Program 2018-2023.